What Your Face Says About You
Whether you are one of those people who possesses a stoic poker face or who expresses every single emotion as it passes through you, sooner or later, your age will begin to show. Then one day you look in the mirror, and there they are: cracks in the facade. They may appear as worry lines, laugh lines, grooves, waves, or wrinkles. And as you well know, they won’t go away on their own. In fact, if left untreated, they will likely get worse. Deeper. More pronounced. So you’re left with two choices:
- You can either accept and celebrate them as reminders of your life and times past or
- You can decide to reduce their influence on your present and future life.
If you opt for #2, you’re not alone. Every year, millions of American men and women get a little help to rejuvenate their face. In Denver facial plastic surgery and non-surgical techniques have helped thousands. Here are several common facial issues and how we might recommend resolving them:
- Skin Texture & Color. Few of us go through life without a few battle scars. Acne and injury can leave their mark on your skin, or you may develop areas of darker pigmentation (age spots). Regardless of your particular problem, talk to your Denver board certified Plastic Surgeon about laser resurfacing, a procedure that can balance the texture and tone of your skin.
- Droopy or Furrowed Brows. You can be the happiest person in the world, but if your brows droop over the corners of your eyes, your face instead tells a sad story. A surgical brow lift can correct the problem. If you simply have deep frown lines, let Denver Plastic Surgeon Dr. Gregory Buford perform a “chemical brow lift” using the injectable BOTOX® Cosmetic or XEOMIN® to give you a more youthful look while still allowing you to express a range of emotions.
- Deep Lines and Wrinkles. It’s great to be the life of the party, but all that laughing can leave your face etched with deep lines around your nose and mouth. Don’t let these laugh lines bring you down. Because then you’ll have frown lines to worry about. Juvéderm® is an injectable gel that firms and smooths your skin, decreasing deep-set lines.
- Overall Loss of Volume. As you get older, your skin naturally loses volume, like a balloon losing its air. It becomes slack and loose, allowing wrinkles to form. Just as you can re-inflate a balloon, you can restore volume to your skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. You have a couple options:
- Injected under your skin, Juvéderm® gives your skin a smoother appearance that can last up to one year.
- Radiesse® may stimulate your body’s own natural collagen production, providing results that can take years off your appearance.
Facial changes are an inevitable part of aging, but we can help you find just the right product, procedure, or technique to make your friends and loved ones think you’ve discovered the fountain of youth. Then it will be up to you, not your face, to say what’s on your mind.