The beauty world is a buzz about the rise of BB Creams. However in the world of mass and luxury brands, BB creams are not new at all. Beauty users in the Asian markets have been using them for years, but in recent months they have arrived in the United States with force. Here are some commonly asked questions about this new beauty trend:
- Where did BB Creams originate?
- BB Creams became popular with Asian actresses who used the BB Creams that had brighteners in them. They talked them up and became trendsetters that made BB Creams best sellers in Asia. They then made there way across Europe and to the United States.
- What is the benefit using a BB Cream over a traditional moisturizer?
- I like to think of a BB Cream as a tinted moisturizer, pumped up! Basically they are designed to be a moisturizer. They have active, multi-tasking ingredients as well as SPF. A huge benefit is that BB Creams are great for most skin types, and you get many different things in one single product.
- What will a BB Cream replace?
- When a BB Cream is tinted is can replace your primer, foundation or a tinted moisturizer. For oily skin types is can be your moisturizer.
- Do you still need a sunscreen with a BB Cream?
- I always believe that layering SPF and BB Cream is the best way to insure even protection to the skin.
- Are BB Creams for a younger generation?
- I feel that BB Creams are for all generations. Mature clients love them for the ease of application, as well as the lightweight feeling. The younger clients love them for the ability to be a one step wonder.
- What are my favorite BB creams?
- I love the Lira Bio BB Cream and the BB Brite. I like these because they have a great Lyco complex in the base. This makes them lightweight and moisturizing plus they have a zinc-based SPF and firming properties. Here at Simply Moore we also have the ability to custom blend BB Creams for our clients. This ensures that you get the correct color and texture for your skin.
Now that you know what the entire world is raving about, go out and give a BB Cream a try!
Michael Moore has worked in the cosmetics industry since 1988 with brand leaders such as Bobbi Brown Essentials, Borghese, Chanel, Guerlain, and Estée Lauder. In New York City, he was often seen backstage during fashion week, supporting major designers such as Bill Blass, Joan Vass, Oscar de la Renta, Badgley Mischka, Bob Mackie, Chanel, Tommy Hilfiger and Vera Wang.
Today, Michael works regularly with print and television media for photo shoots, fashion content, and special events. His makeup artistry has graced publications (INStyle, Redbook, McCall’s, The New York Times, The Denver Post, The Rocky Mountain News, Australian Elle and Australian and German Vogue) and television shows (Oprah, The Today Show, E! Entertainment Television) in more than a dozen countries. And Michael has had the distinct pleasure of working with countless celebrities, royalty, and political figures.