Hello, Bright Eyes
Intense schedules, insomnia, age, and even genetics can wreak havoc on the delicate skin around your eyes, resulting in droopy lids, puffiness, dark circles, and wrinkles that can age your entire face. If your eyes are causing you to look tired, sad, or even irritable, an eyelid lift, also known as blepharoplasty, can help restore a bright, refreshed appearance to your eye areas.
Board-certified Plastic Surgeon Gregory A. Buford, MD, FACS, PCEO of BEAUTY by BUFORD can perform Denver Eyelid Surgery to help restore the youthful, playful twinkle in your eye that makes you unique.
Face & Skin Self-Assessment
Before you meet with Dr. Buford for your consultation, consider filling out our face and skin self-assessment. By sharing how you see yourself, we can best evaluate your aesthetic goals and determine an appropriate treatment plan for you.
The Eyelid Lift Procedure
Dr. Buford offers both upper and lower eyelid lift procedures. During your consultation, he will work closely with you to determine which procedure or combination of procedures will work best to achieve your desired results.
Upper Eyelid Surgery
If the skin of your upper eyelids is obscuring your eyelashes, sagging or wrinkled, or lacking contour, Dr. Buford can remove excess skin and restore a youthful appearance to the area. By getting rid of extra skin and lifting the remaining skin of the upper eyelid, Dr. Buford can help your eyes look more open and alert.
For an upper blepharoplasty, Dr. Buford will make an incision in the natural crease above your eye, which will keep the scar as inconspicuous as possible after you have healed. Through this incision, he will remove excess skin and fat until the desired results are achieved. This may also require repositioning the surrounding muscles to fully support the lifted eyelid.
Lower Eyelid Surgery
If your concerns lie in puffy or sagging skin underneath your eyes, you are likely experiencing herniated fat that has collected in the area. A lower eyelid lift can eliminate "bags" and, in some cases, tighten the underlying muscles to provide a natural, rejuvenated appearance.
Similarly to the upper eyelid lift, Dr. Buford will begin your lower blepharoplasty by making an incision either at the outer corner of the lower lid, right beneath the eyelashes, or just inside the eyelid.
Often, combining your eyelid lift with other procedures or nonsurgical treatments can enhance your results. Common combinations include:
- Fillers & Injectables: Although droopy eyes can have a huge impact on your face, this area may not be your only concern. If you are concerned with wrinkles on your forehead and around your eyes or loss of volume in your lower face, cosmetic and dermal filler injectables can help balance out your eyelid lift results by subtly rejuvenating the rest of your face.
- Eye M Beautiful: "Eye M Beautiful℠" is a noninvasive procedure including cosmetic injectables, dermal fillers, medical-grade skincare, and LATISSE® eyelash enhancement to fully rejuvenate the upper third of your face. When combined with an eyelid lift, this combination of procedures and treatments can dramatically reverse signs of aging around your eyes.
Benefits of Eyelid Surgery
Eyelid surgery, also known as blepharoplasty, can have transformative effects on both your appearance and your self-confidence.
At BEAUTY by BUFORD, Dr. Buford understands the impact that your eyes can have on your overall facial aesthetics. With our expertise in eyelid surgery, we offer customized solutions to help you get a more youthful, refreshed, and rejuvenated look with the following benefits:
Reduction of Under-Eye Bags and Puffiness
Eyelid surgery effectively targets and removes excess skin, fat deposits, and sagging muscles around your eyes, resulting in a smoother and more rejuvenated appearance. It can reduce the appearance of under-eye bags and puffiness so you look more well-rested and alert.
Improved Eye Contours
As we age, our eyelids can become droopy and hooded, giving a tired or sad appearance. Eyelid surgery can restore the natural contours of your upper and lower eyelids, opening up your eyes and creating a more youthful and refreshed look.
Elimination of Excess Skin and Wrinkles
Sagging or loose skin around your eyes can contribute to the formation of wrinkles and fine lines. By removing the excess skin and tightening the underlying structures, eyelid surgery can smooth out wrinkles and restore your youthful appearance.
Enhanced Field of Vision
In some cases, sagging eyelid skin can obstruct your vision, causing discomfort and affecting daily activities. Eyelid surgery can address this issue by removing the excess skin, allowing for an improved field of vision and enhanced overall functionality.
Is Eyelid Surgery Right for You?
Eyelid surgery may be the right choice if you:
- Have drooping or sagging eyelids that make you appear tired or older than you feel
- Experience puffiness or bags under your eyes that do not improve with lifestyle changes or skincare
- Notice that excess skin or wrinkles around your eyes are affecting your self-esteem and confidence
- Have realistic expectations about the results of the procedure and understand the recovery process
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you want to improve the appearance of your eyes or find out more about our options, contact us today to schedule a personal consultation with Dr. Buford at BEAUTY by BUFORD to see if a Denver eyelid surgery is right for you.