As we move through the summer months and attend reunions, weddings, and other important social events, as a Denver Plastic Surgeon I am asked more and more about ways in which we can address facial aging with very little downtime. In contrast to the winter months when we may be able to afford downtime, right now is not the time to suffer from redness, peeling, or other issues associated with facial rejuvenation. So the question remains, what is the best way to keep your skin looking the very best? The good news is that there are 5 easy steps that you can use to look great but do so without downtime. So….here we go!
- Medical Skincare: If you’re not using quality products on your skin, you’re really cheating yourself. While over the counter products may have worked when you were in your 20’s, the dry Denver climate is rough on our skin and so we really need a product line that will not only moisturize and protect from the elements but also add ingredients to effectively help our skin maintain itself in the most optimal manner. To do so, you need to put down the standard products and use something that is actually proven and effective. When I see a client with global lines and wrinkles, brown spots, or simply a look that is sallow and unhealthy, my first recommendation is good skincare.
- Facial injectables: The next line of defense is a good neurotoxin (such as BOTOX Cosmetic) and a volumizer (such as Juvederm or Voluma). BOTOX Cosmetic is one of the cornerstones of facial rejuvenation and a must for not only softening pre-existing lines and wrinkles but also for preventing new ones from forming. To this, I add a light injectable (such as Juvederm) to pop out superficial lines and wrinkles and a volumizer (such as Voluma) to replace lost volume in areas such as the cheeks and jawline. And the good news is that when these products are accurately placed by an experienced injector, the results can be very natural.
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light): IPL is a great way to remove brown spots and redness with very little to no downtime. Most patients require as few as 3-4 treatments and find that after treatment their skin is more even. Pain is virtually non-existent and the price point can easily fit into your rejuvenation budget.
- Good Nutrition: What you eat has a huge effect on the appearance of your skin. Keep in mind that as the largest organ in the body, your skin is a direct reflection of your overall health. By bumping up your intake of healthy fruits and vegetables, you can make a noticeable difference in your skin’s appearance. And the good news is that many people who increase their intake of healthy foods will also notice an improvement in their overall appearance, as well!
- Exercise: Again, as the largest organ in the body, your skin reflects your inner health and so exercise can have a very positive impact on it’s appearance, as well. Routine exercise improves blood flow which then gives your skin that healthy glow.
And finally, one of the most powerful ways to look your very best is to…are you ready?…just smile! How you carry yourself can have a big impact on how others perceive your appearance. If you don’t believe me, then try this experiment. Make a point of smiling at those around you and see if they don’t begin complimenting you on how great you look. You’d be surprised at how your attitude and how you carry yourself can affect how others perceive your outer beauty. I hope this information is helpful and look forward to working with you to achieve a look that will last far beyond the summer months. For more information on how to achieve that healthy glow, please contact us at 303.747.6719 or email me directly at [email protected] Thanks again for your continued support! We look forward to working with you.