Most women are completely satisfied after breast augmentation and are thrilled to show off their new shape. A few women, however, are not completely happy with their post-op figure—which is a shame when their disappointment could have been avoided. Dissatisfaction is often due to women thinking a breast augmentation alone is the “magic bullet” that will give them the look they want.
To make sure you get the results you really want, think about your big picture goals and speak candidly about them with a board certified Plastic Surgeon. Describe your lifestyle and everything you may not like about your figure. Don’t be shy; this is your chance to get expert advice and insight into what is and is not possible.
Then listen to what your surgeon says. After examining you, he can give you specific recommendations for reaching your goals. He might recommend procedures you hadn’t considered.
Breast augmentation provides immediate breast enlargement, but for many women, the goal is not only larger breasts but a more attractive figure. Your Plastic Surgeon should take the time to explain any appropriate complementary procedures—such as liposuction, breast lift, or tummy tuck—that can be performed at the same time. Combining procedures can save you recovery time and cost (compared to undergoing the procedures separately) while perking up your profile and improving your figure.
- Laser Resurfacing: After breast augmentation, be sure the skin of your décolletage area also looks great. If your skin has sun damage that may detract from your breast surgery results, consider an ActiveFX treatment.
- Liposuction: Liposuction in Denver can complement your breast enlargement. If you’ve got distracting lumps elsewhere, refining problem areas of your figure (think: sides, back, tummy, hips, or thighs) can also improve your overall result. Strategic fat removal in the torso may be used to enhance the appearance of your breasts.
- Breast Lift: Since breast implants only restore the fullness of your breasts, consider a breast lift if you need to raise and reshape your breasts to match your vision of yourself.
- Tummy Tuck: An abdominoplasty tightens your abdominal wall and gives you a firm silhouette that ideally complements your augmented breasts.
- Mommy Makeover: Some women can benefit from the Before Baby Body procedure, a revolutionary program developed by Dr. Buford that helps you recapture your pre-pregnancy look.
The procedures you choose depend entirely on what you want to accomplish. Do not let a surgeon talk you into a procedure you do not want, but if an additional procedure increases the likelihood that you will be satisfied with your results, then consider it. You can only know for sure which procedures will help you at a consultation with a Plastic Surgeon who has performed many breast surgeries.
The decision to undergo breast augmentation is not one to take lightly. Do it for yourself and no one else. Have a clear vision of your goals. Remember that no amount of online research can substitute for an in-person consultation with an experienced, board certified Plastic Surgeon. And finally, if you’re going to do it, do it right—with the right doctor, the right facility, and the right treatment team in whom you can place your confidence. When you trust your surgeon, you are more likely to end up with the stunning new figure that you wanted in the first place.