Many of us live in Colorado to enjoy an active outdoors lifestyle, but the high altitude and intense summer sun can play havoc with your skin. Even if you don’t think of yourself as the outdoorsy type, everyday exposure to the elements can affect you. Denver skin care must be proactive and preventative if it’s going to successfully counteract the effects of sun exposure, windburn, smog, and dry air—especially if you engage in outdoor activities such as hiking. Skiers feel the full force of the elements as well.
Your basic skin-enhancing resources include staying super-hydrated (that means drinking plenty of water) as well as applying sunscreen with a high sun protection factor (SPF)—at least a 30. Applying a quality sunscreen year-round is just as vital a part of your daily self-care as drinking water! A broad-brimmed hat can supply an extra layer of protection. Lastly, don’t forget about protecting your lips, choosing a lip balm that contains sunscreen.
If one day the mirror catches you unawares and you notice unwanted effects from your high-altitude lifestyle, we can help. When you’re ready to seek advice from a Colorado Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Buford and his staff offer a wide range of rejuvenating procedures to target all of your skin issues. We can address the fine lines, wrinkles, “age spots,” and fissures that are often the result of years of living in a sunny, high-altitude location like Denver. We fully understand how the environment can affect your skin in ways that nature never intended.
We will not only assess the damage done by sun and wind, but make suggestions for the best possible cosmetic approach, based on your specific needs. Here are a few of your options:
- Photo-rejuvenation is accomplished through a series of gentle treatments that reduce wrinkles, even out pigmentation, and smooth skin texture. This technology may be applied to the face, neck, hands, or body.
- Laser technology (ACTIVE FX) addresses your cosmetic concerns in a single treatment as it treats the deep lines and hyperpigmentation that can result from living in the Rockies.
- Chemical peels lessen the damage done to the outer layers of the skin. Fine lines are smoothed, uneven pigmentation reduced, areas of dryness addressed, and blotchiness is soothed.
- Microdermabrasion refreshes the skin and counteracts the aging effects of the environment. This procedure also helps other skin products absorb better and work more effectively.
- Dermaplaning is a more intensive approach than microdermabrasion and is intended for deeper skin issues such as wrinkles and age spots.
Instead of hiding out from the damaging rays of the sun and the drying effects of the wind, let BEAUTY by BUFORD provide you with custom-tailored products and procedures that can both protect you and counteract the forces of nature. Confidence comes from looking your best! Contact us for a consultation so you’ll be able to face the sun, the wind, and, yes, even the smog with less worry.